Approved for Horses & Ponies
Moxidectin 20mg/mL and praziquantel 125mg/mL in a low volume gel
EQUEST Plus Tape for the treatment of tapeworm, roundworms, adult and late encysted stages of small strongyles (redworms), and bots in horses and ponies with a single dose.
Features & Benefits
- Lasts longer than other wormer available in NZ
- Prevents significant reoccurence of parasite eggs in the faeces of treated horses for up to 16 weeks
- low volume gel is rapidly absorbed and easily administered
- Highly effective against significant parasite threats, including roundworms, tapeworms and bots
- Treats and controls encysted small strongyles, the major parasite of concern in adult horses
- Treats and controls ascarids which remain the most important parasite infecting foals and weanlings
- Shown to reduce faecal egg counts by 99% in a single dose, while a five-day, double dose regimen of fenbendazole was only 42% effective
- When used as directed, Equest Plus Tape is safe in foals over 4 weeks of age and in all breeding stock, including stallions and pregnant mares
- Don not administer the full syringe to horses under 400kg
Administer orally (into the mouth) at a dose rate of 0.4mg/kg moxidectin and 0.2mg/kg praziquantel
Supplied in a ready to use syringe, calibrated according to the body weight of the horse to be treated.