PROMECTIN PLUS Allwormer Paste for Horses is highly effective against tapeworms and gastrointestinal, cutaneous and pulmonary nematodes and ccts of horses of all ages. Regular treatment will reduce the chances of verminous arteritis and colic caused by Strongylus vulgaris.
PROMECTIN PLUS Allwormer Paste for Horses may be safely used on horses of all ages. Mares may be treated at any stage of pregnancy. Stallions may be treated without adversely affecting their fertility.
At the recommended dose level of 1 mL per 20kg bodyweight, PROMECTIN PLUS Allwormer Paste for Horses controls the following
- Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoliata, *Anoplocephala magna, ‘Paranoplocephl/a mammillana (adult and immature, heads and segments).
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adults and arterial stages), Strongylus edentatus (adults and tissue stages), Strongylus equinus (adults) and – odontophorusspp (adults).
- Small Strongyles: including benzimidazole resistant strains (adult and immature) Cyathostomum spp, Cylicocyclus spp, Cylicostephanus spp, ‘.licodontophorus slop, Gyalocephalus spp.
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult and immature).
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adult and immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrong/us axei (adult).
- Large Mouth Stomach Worms: Habronema muscae (adult).
- Neck Threadworms: *Onchocerca spp (microfilariae).
- Bots: Gasterophilus spp (oral and gastric stages).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature).
- Intestinal Thread Worms: Strongloides westeri (adult).
PROMECTIN PLUS Allwormer Paste for Horses also effectively controls skin lesions caused by *Habronema and *Draschia spp cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and microfilariae of *Onchocerca spp (cutaneous onchocerciasis). All horses should be included in a regular parasite control programme, with particular attention paid to mares, foals and yearlings. Because re-infection is common, treatment must be repeated routinely for effective control. Contact your veterinarian for a control programme to meet your needs.